Checklist before finding
Great Hotels In San Francisco
Great is relative. What can be great for one person may not necessarily apply to you. This is why finding great hotels in San Francisco can be tricky if you fail to consider certain things that are more important to you than to others. Before choosing good places to staywhile traveling, it might help create a checklist of factors you need to take into account. This way, you will be able to make a more informed decision that you will be happy with for the rest of your stay.
Purpose of Visit
Your reason behind choosing a hotel in San Francisco certainly matters. While hotels are generally the same in providing accommodation for varying lengths of time, there are differences that aim to target specific types of travelers. It is not exactly a comforting way to start a trip if you find yourself staying in a place that does not meet or suit your needs.
- Business – If you are traveling on business, you may want to check if there is a high-speed and reliable Internet connection or Wi-Fi available in your room. It would also help to check for the rates and if Wi-Fi use is complementary. The extra charges on Internet access can be a point of comparison with other hotels you may also be considering. You might also find a need to use a business center. Not all hotels offer one so you can add that to your checklist. Another would be room service and if they charge you extra for it. Most of the time business meetings and appointments that run throughout the day can be tiring. You just might want to get more rest and opt for room service instead of going out for dinner.
- Leisure – There are several ways to travel at leisure. Even a business trip can have a bit of leisure in it. This is essentially your time away from home to visit places for various reasons. You can go on a solo trip, join a tour, travel with friends, or go on vacation with your family. The possibilities are endless. And for each type or reason for the trip, you can choose from great hotels San Francisco has to offer. The best places to stay in the area, or any area for that matter, would be those that make your visit more memorable.
Location has always been one of the foremost reasons why travelers end up staying in their hotels of choice. This is largely due to the convenience it brings to the main purpose of their trips. Planning your itinerary before you book a hotel can be very helpful. It can give you a fairly good idea of the area where you would want to stay.
- Area near business location – If you are traveling on business, then you may want to look for best places to stay in San Francisco that are more specific to your purpose. For instance, you may want to be within walking distance of where you will conduct most of meetings, speaking engagements, client appointments, and other business-related jobs you need to accomplish.
- Educational and cultural area – Museums offer a wealth of information and insight about the place you are visiting. If you enjoy visiting museums, it would be convenient to find great hotels in San Francisco that are centrally located to museums and educational theme parks.
- Entertainment area – Traveling, in itself, is entertaining. But there are certain activities that offer a wide array of entertainment that many travelers prefer. If you enjoy the opera or wish to see a popular play currently running in the local theater then you can choose a hotel where it would be more convenient for you to do so.
- Shopping area – Some travelers prefer to stay in accommodations with a shopping district nearby. This makes it more convenient to do leisurely or last-minute shopping. Most shopping areas likewise offer a lot of good spots for various forms of entertainment. Hotels near these areas can give you quick access to the major shopping hubs of the city.
Choosing hotels with more expensive rates thinking it guarantees the best experience does not always work. You have to remember it is not merely just about the price that you see. You have to do a little research on your end to ensure that you will be satisfied with your choice. The last thing you want would be to spend money on something that does not give the best return.
- Online reviews – Most hotels especially in cities like San Francisco have websites. It does not take much time to read some of the reviews of your hotel choices. The feedbacks from guests who have actually experienced staying in the hotels that you might end up selecting can be helpful in making your final choice.
- Recommendations – You might know people who can recommend great hotels in San Francisco. All you have to do is ask around. You may be able to get a wealth of information simply by asking for recommendations from family, friends, and even your co-workers.
There are travelers who are only looking for a great place to rest and sleep in between breaks from doing business or sightseeing. However, there are others who feel much happier with certain amenities that allow them to stick to certain routines. For instance, there are travelers who look for a spa or a fitness center. Others want a fully-equipped business center while others want a garden. The preferences vary, but some hotels offer them while others do not. Some of these nice-to-have amenities include:
- 24-H front desk and security
- Access to a golf course
- Bathtub or Jacuzzi in the room
- Gift shop
- Hair salon
- Free parking
- Poolside restaurant
- Proximity to the beach
- Rooftop swimming pool
- Swimming pool
Finding great hotels in San Francisco or any other place may seem to require a lot of work. However, it is actually a simple affair if you know what you want and what to look for. The important thing to remember is that looking for the best hotel to stay will be a reasonable investment of your time.