In searching for the best deals on hotel accommodations, many travelers merely focus on room rates with the lowest advertised rates. This might seem attractive at first but if you really want the best value for your money, you will need to pay a little extra to get more than just a basic bed. You must understand that good hotels in San Francisco do not operate in a single fashion – their services can be specialized to accommodate the unique needs of different customers.
What do Good Hotels in San Francisco Have?
Many of us wish top hotels in San Francisco would be more fairly-priced. They need to be secure and spotlessly clean. Rooms need to have comfortable beds but we need them to be more affordable before we can say they offer the best hotel deals in San Francisco. Only then can we enjoy the many different amenities they offer, like all plumbing working as they should and climate control available in each room. Rooms should also have sufficient water pressure and must have spaces for storing clothes. It is also imperative that you do not hear the things that go about in the adjacent rooms. Beyond all these, there are also other must-haves that define good modern hotel rooms:
1. Free WiFi access at broadband speed. In modern life, internet connectivity is a basic utility. It has become as necessary as the telephone. Hotel visitors look forward to being able to connect to the internet through WiFi connectivity at broadband speeds or much like the connection they have at home.
2. High-definition television sets. It is ideal to find high-definition television sets in hotel rooms. Otherwise, the picture quality would be inferior and the TV would most likely eat up too much space in rooms – and space, as we know, already comes at a premium. These days, television sets have become indicators of the general superiority of hotels. If a hotel has not upgraded its television sets, it is likely to have not been improved recently.
3. Free toiletries. Personal-sized toiletries like shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste have become essential features of the best hotels in San Francisco.
4. Powerful hair dryers. This is one essential that women require. Modern hotel rooms make powerful hair dryers available, sometimes upon request. And these are far from the skimpy hair dryers we are familiar with that make a lot of noise when turned on.
5. Electrical outlets. With the number of people traveling with electronic gadgets like mobile phones, laptops, and tablets, the availability of electrical outlets have become a defining feature of modern hotels in San Francisco CA. It is no longer a surprise to find hotel rooms with at least four accessible electrical outlets where we can plug in our gadgets and charge up their batteries.
6. Free breakfast. This offers visitors the convenience of not having to step out for breakfast. Free ready-to-go breakfast at the hotel helps visitors a lot in having a wonderful start to their day. Free breakfast speeds visitors along because they no longer have to await service. They simply need to hit the buffet table, get their food, pick a seat, clean up and walk off.
7. Space for drying clothes. Being able to do laundry within the hotel room significantly helps travelers in packing lightly. People who prefer to bring their entire closet with them as they travel also need a place where they can hang their swimwear to dry. This is why it is no surprise that the best hotel in San Francisco has space for drying pieces of clothing.
8. In-room refrigerator. This is not the mini-bar. In-room refrigerators are a good place for chilling water bottles to drink from on the next day. They are also a good place for keeping leftover sandwiches for later meals. Those who travel with infants or those who need to bring refrigerated medications with them find in-room refrigerators a great plus.
9. Swimming pool and fitness center. Swimming pools and fitness centers in top hotels in San Francisco are really deal-killers, but after going through a long day, it sure would be nice to stretch and get the muscles moving in the pool or in the gym.
There are several good hotels in San Francisco – or perhaps several hotels claim they are good but cannot really prove it. Now that we have an idea of what defines great hotels in this interesting city, it would be easier for us to choose a hotel to book in among the many options that we have. The key is for us to review our options well so we can find the best hotel deals in San Francisco without compromising quality.
If you would like more information, simply head to our home page at Great Hotels in San Francisco.